Microblading and Microshading
Madison Wellness and Aesthetic Center
Book An Appointment
Ready to embrace flawless brows and enhance your natural beauty? Book your appointment today and let our master aesthetician at Madison Wellness and Aesthetic Center transform your eyebrows with expert microblading services! To book an appointment, call (256) 722-0555 or complete the online booking form.Book Now
Microblading Madison, AL
Experience the magic of microblading and microshading at Madison Wellness and Aesthetic Center. Transform your eyebrows and elevate your confidence with our state-of-the-art microblading service, delivered to you by our highly skilled and experienced artist. Book your appointment today to enhance your eyebrows and achieve the perfect shape tailored just for you!
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent cosmetic procedure that creates the illusion of fuller, more defined eyebrows. Our master aesthetician uses a handheld tool with ultra-fine needles to delicately deposit pigment into the upper layers of your skin, replicating the appearance of natural eyebrow hairs.
Is Microblading a Tattoo?
No, microblading is a form of semi-permanent makeup that involves creating hair-like strokes with pigment to enhance the look of your eyebrows. Unlike tattoos, microblading should never appear as solid blocks of color because the pigment is inserted into the skin in very small amounts. Because it is semi-permanent, it will require a touch up anywhere between three and six months after the initial appointment.
Why Choose Microblading?
Say goodbye to time-consuming makeup routines and hello to effortlessly beautiful brows! Microblading offers many advantages:
- Natural Results: The precision of our microblading technique ensures your new brows blend seamlessly with your existing brow hairs, creating a realistic and natural appearance.
- Long-Lasting: Enjoy stunning, low-maintenance eyebrows thanks to the semi-permanent nature of microblading.
- Customized to You: Our talented master aesthetician will work with you to select the perfect shade and style to complement your facial features, ensuring your enhanced brows perfectly suit your unique beauty.
- Time-Saving: Cut down on your daily makeup routine as microblading keeps your eyebrows looking perfect throughout the day.
Who Should Not Get Microblading?
Microblading is not suitable for everyone. If you have any of the following conditions, microblading may not be right for you:
- Sensitive skin
- Skin disorders such as psoriasis or eczema
- Recent sunburns
- Active acne and/or open lesions in the area to be treated
- Allergies and/or adverse reactions to permanent makeup
- Pregnant or nursing mothers
- History of keloids
What is Microshading?
Microshading is for soft, powder brows that mimic the look of makeup. Small dots of pigment are applied to the skin using a manual hand tool with ultra-fine needles. The pigment is gently rubbed into the skin and creates a soft look, giving your eyebrows more depth and definition. Microshading resembles eyebrow powder, giving your eyebrows a thicker and fuller appearance.
Microblading vs. Microshading
Both microblading and microshading are semi-permanent procedures designed to give the appearance of fuller, more defined eyebrows. The main difference is that in microblading individual hair-like strokes are used to create a natural look, while in microshading a technique similar to eyebrow powder is used. Microshading can be a great option for those who want a more dramatic look, as it can give your eyebrows a thicker and fuller appearance.
The Microblading Procedure
- Consultation: During the initial consultation with your microblading artist, you will discuss your desired results and expected outcomes. They will evaluate your skin type and natural eyebrow shape to determine the perfect look for you.
- Measurement and Marking: Before beginning the procedure, your artist will measure the face and determine the ideal shape and size for your new eyebrows. Once the shape is determined, a stencil will be created and applied to ensure perfect symmetry.
- Numbing: Before starting the procedure, we will apply a topical numbing cream to minimize discomfort during the process.
- Pigment Application: Your artist will use a handheld tool with ultra-fine needles to delicately deposit pigment into the upper layers of your skin, replicating the appearance of natural eyebrow hairs.
- Aftercare: Once the microblading procedure is complete, you will need to follow a strict aftercare regimen for optimal results and longevity. Your artist will provide detailed instructions on how to care for your new brows during the healing process.
- Follow up: We recommend returning two to four months after your initial appointment for a touch up to ensure you are completely satisfied with the results.
The Microshading Procedure
The procedure for microshading is similar to microblading. The biggest difference is the pigment application. In microshading, pin-like dots of pigmentation are deposited to create a soft, powdered look. In microblading, a bladed needle is used to create hair-like strokes that look like natural eyebrow hair.
You will need to return for a touch up approximately 8 weeks after your initial appointment. This touch up appointment is necessary to adjust the shape and color of your brows, and to ensure you are completely satisfied with the look.
Microshading Healing Process
Your microshading will heal over a period of 4 to 6 weeks. During this time, you may experience redness and some scabbing as your skin heals. Do not pick at the scabs and make sure to follow the after-care instructions.
Aftercare For Microblading and Microshading
To ensure the best possible results, it is important to follow a few simple steps in order to properly care for your new eyebrows.
- Gently cleanse the eyebrows with a damp cloth and allow them to air dry.
- Apply a thin layer of ointment to the eyebrows twice daily for the first seven days after treatment, and then switch to a moisturizing cream.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and any activities that may cause sweating or water contact for at least one week after the procedure.
- Avoid applying makeup directly onto your eyebrows until they are completely healed (approximately 4 weeks).
- Always use sunscreen if you plan on exposing your eyebrows to direct sunlight.
Get Flawless Brows Today!
At Madison Wellness and Aesthetic Center, we offer both microblading and microshading services to suit your individual needs. Our experienced professionals will work with you to determine the best technique for achieving the perfect brows tailored just for you!
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to staying at the forefront of industry advancements.
A numbing cream is used to reduce discomfort, but you can expect to experience some pain. It is more painful than waxing or plucking, but less painful than a tattoo.
You can expect some discomfort during the microshading procedure; however, we use a topical numbing cream to reduce any discomfort during the process.
Microblading typically lasts between 12 and 18 months, depending on your skin type and lifestyle. Remember that microblading is a semi-permanent makeup so be prepared to return for touchups anywhere from three to six months after your initial appointment.
Results will vary, but you can expect it to last between 1 to 3 years, but you will need to return for touchups from time to time.
At least 24 hours prior to your appointment, avoid any retinols, exfoliants, and other skin care products that may irritate your skin. We also recommend avoiding alcohol and caffeine on the day of the procedure as these can thin the blood and make it more difficult for the color to stay in place.
Your artist will provide detailed aftercare instructions during your appointment. Generally, it is recommended to keep the area dry and protected for at least one week after the procedure. You should also avoid direct sunlight and any activities that may cause excessive sweating or water contact until your eyebrows are completely healed.
At first, your microbladed brows may appear darker and more intense than desired. This is completely normal as the color will fade over time. However, if you have any concerns about the results, do not hesitate to contact your artist right away. They can work with you to make adjustments and ensure that your new eyebrows look perfect!
Book An Appointment
Ready to embrace flawless brows and enhance your natural beauty? Book your appointment today and let our master aesthetician at Madison Wellness and Aesthetic Center transform your eyebrows with expert microblading services! To book an appointment, call (256) 722-0555 or complete the online booking form.