Reviewed by Dr. Chad Gilliam PA
When you hear the term Vampire Facelift®” ( aka Vampire Facial), you might be reminded of Kim Kardashian’s infamous selfie with a face covered in blood after a cosmetic treatment. But what exactly is a Vampire Facelift, and how does it work?
This blog post will dive deep into this fascinating cosmetic procedure, discuss its benefits and risks, and provide a step-by-step overview.
Vampire Facelift: An Overview
The Vampire Facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure designed to address various skin concerns like dull skin, loss of facial volume, and acne scars. Unlike a traditional surgical facelift, this treatment is less invasive and has quicker recovery times.
The Science Behind the Treatment
Central to the Vampire Facelift is PRP therapy, utilizing a high concentration of growth factors and platelet-rich plasma derived from your blood. PRP is rich in multipotent stem cells and regenerative properties that stimulate collagen production, blood flow, and cell turnover to rejuvenate the skin.
The dermal filler component restores volume and contours the face, complementing PRP’s effects. Together, these elements help create a more youthful appearance and address various skin concerns.
Benefits of the Vampire Facelift
- Improved skin texture: A Vampire Facelift promotes healthier and smoother skin by stimulating collagen production and cell turnover.
- Acne scar reduction: The growth factors in PRP can help minimize acne scars, resulting in improved skin tone.
- Increased facial volume: The Hyaluronic acid filler used in this procedure restores the facial shape and youthful volume that may have diminished over time.
- Natural results: Unlike a surgical facelift, the Vampire Facelift is a minimally invasive treatment option that offers subtle improvements.
- Reduced recovery time: Unlike a surgical facelift, this procedure does not involve incisions or excess skin removal, significantly reducing recovery time and risk of complications.
Procedure Steps and What to Expect
- Consultation: Discuss your concerns, goals, and potential risks with your skincare practitioner to determine if a Vampire Facelift is the appropriate treatment option. Ask to see before and after photos of Vampire Facials they have performed.
- Blood draw: Your practitioner will draw a small amount of blood, usually around two teaspoons, from your arm.
- PRP preparation: The blood sample will be placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the other blood cells.
- Numbing: A numbing cream is applied to the face to ensure comfort during the treatment.
- PRP injection: The PRP is injected using a thin needle or microneedling device, stimulating collagen and blood vessel growth.
- Dermal filler application: The hyaluronic acid dermal filler is gently injected into the necessary areas, sculpting a beautiful and natural facial shape.
The results of a Vampire Facelift vary from person to person but may last up to two years. Some patients may require multiple treatments to achieve the desired results.
Pre and Post-Treatment Care
- Before: Consult with your practitioner, avoid blood thinners or medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, or vitamin E. If you have any skin concerns, like a breakout or rash, you should inform your doctor before proceeding.
- After: Apply ice packs on the treated area to reduce swelling and discomfort. Avoid strenuous activities, sun exposure, alcohol, and smoking to speed up the healing process. Follow your practitioner’s advice for skin care and maintenance.
Some potential risks include:
- Mild swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection sites.
- Possible infection, although rare.
- Allergic reactions to the PRP, though extremely rare, as platelets come from the patient’s own blood.
To reduce the risk of complications and ensure success, it is important to follow any instructions given by your practitioner.
Vampire Facial in Madison, AL
Signs of aging, such as wrinkles, dull skin, and volume loss, can make us self-conscious. If you’re looking for a natural, non-surgical way to rejuvenate your skin, the Vampire Facelift might be the perfect option.
Get younger-looking skin at Madison Wellness & Aesthetic Center. To book your initial consultation, call (256) 722-0555 or complete the online booking form.
We look forward to helping you achieve your skin goals!
Vampire Facelift FAQ
Most patients report minimal discomfort during the procedure, thanks to the numbing cream applied beforehand.
The results can last up to two years but may vary from person to person and require multiple treatments for optimal results.
After the procedure, patients can quickly return to their daily activities with minimal recovery time. Mild swelling or bruising may occur but typically subsides within a few days. Following post-treatment care instructions is crucial for accelerating the healing process. Full results are usually visible within four weeks, although gradual improvements can continue for up to three months.
Caffeine consumption is not recommended after a Vampire Facelift because it can constrict blood vessels and reduce the effectiveness of PRP’s regenerative properties. For best results, refrain from caffeine for at least 24 hours post-procedure.
If you are searching for a ‘vampire facial near me,’ contact Madison Wellness & Aesthetic Center.